Tour de Fleece, Week 1

After a week of fairly intense spinning, I'm sad to say that I don't have any finished yarn. At least not any that's 100% finished (skeined, washed, dried). What I do have is this:

Tour de Fleece day 4

And this,

Day 6

That's 8 oz of Mollusc Wensleydale (last seen as this) spun up into laceweight singles. I finished on Wednesday, so I'm letting it sit on the bobbins for a few days before I give it a bath to try and tame some of the energy.

I'm now 1/3 into 10 oz of HYFC BFL in Insect Wings. These are totally not my colors (holy bright Batman!), but I'm really enjoying spinning this and loving the colors on the bobbin.

Day 7

I'm going to try and get two matching skeins of 3-ply from this. I started by splitting the fiber into three bunches by weight. The first slug (in picture) was split in half lengthwise and spun one onto each bobbin. The second batch is getting split into fourths and spun two lengths/bobbin. Don't know what I'm going to do with the third ply yet. So that's well under way.

I'm hoping to be able to post a couple of finished yarns maybe by the middle of next week. Spin on!